So, I have been writing for Supple about joint pain for over a year now and suffering from my own issues for longer than that. One of the biggest things I have learned in this time, is the importance of moving and exercise. The practice of yoga has been spoken of as one of the better exercises for people with arthritis and other forms of joint pain.
Now down to the list of why my first try was such a comedy of errors:
- I have wood floors & no yoga matt (1/2 of this is a simple fix)
- My dog thinks that if I am on the floor, its time to play.
- I am a 100% complete & utter klutz
- I can’t breathe, concentrate and balance all at the same time
- I kept getting my lefts & rights mixed up
- I have NO sense of balance what so ever.
And the three reasons why I’ll be back at it again tomorrow:
- I am impossibly stubborn
- Despite the confusion, the falling down, the swearing when I messed up…. I feel great!
- I have a killer downward dog
While the lists are still not balanced, I’m not giving up! I feel a strange confidence knowing that I’m just going to get back up on the horse and do it again tomorrow. But I’m pretty sure I won’t be taking any public yoga classes anytime soon. 😉
So stay tuned I’ll keep posting on my progress!